New enrolments are always accepted at Giru State School and we look forward to welcoming you to our school community.
Before enrolments can be approved administration staff must sight and copy your child’s birth certificate. Alternatives to a birth certificate will only be considered in exceptional circumstances such as the child was born in a country which doesn’t have a birth registration system. In these instances passport or visa documents will suffice. The failure to register a birth or reluctance to order a birth certificate are not sufficient grounds for an exception.
International students who are approved for enrolment by Education Queensland International (EQI), a passport or visa will suffice.
To enrol your child at Giru State School follow these three easy steps.
Step 1 - Enrolment application
Complete the application for student enrolment form (PDF, 466KB) for each child. This may be downloaded or collected from the school office.
Complete all permission forms for each child. These may be downloaded or collected from the school office:
- Media consent form (PDF, 277KB)
- Internet agreement form (DOC, 442KB)
- Enrolment agreement (PDF, 209KB)
Step 2 - Enrolment interview
Attend an enrolment interview with a member of our admin team. Please ring the school office to organise a suitable time.
Don’t forget to bring:
- Your child so that we may meet them.
- Each child’s original birth certificate.
- Each child’s latest report card if they have attended another school.
- Each child’s current passport and visa documents if born overseas.
Step 3 - Important information
Read these important documents to learn more about our school policies and procedures:
- Parent handbook (PDF, 328KB)
- Responsible behaviour plan for students (PDF, 836KB)
- Sun safe policy (PDF, 104KB)
If you cannot download the document/s linked from this page, please contact us and we will provide a copy via the school office.